We attended the conference call hosted by Jiya Eco Products Ltd (JEPL), on 18h January, to discuss their Q3FY19 results.
JEPL is the only listed Indian manufacturer of bio fuels i.e., briquettes and pellets, from agri waste. With a manufacturing capacity of ~120k tpa of briquettes and pellets each, the current plant at Bhavnagar (Gujarat) supplies bio-fuel to industrial users in several cities in Gujarat.
While you may want to refer to the attached note for more details, hereunder is the gist of the call:
- Strong volume growth continues across pellets
- Processed agro waste, introduced just last quarter, sees huge traction
- Defocus on briquettes
- New facility, at Gandhidham, witnessing delays on account of not getting necessary utility connection. Plant and machinery already installed.
- While retail burner addition is on track, this may see a faster pace of addition only after the new facility is commissioned
- Mgmt working on newer applications and industries, to widen the client base and strengthen volumes